December 31, 2013

Goodbye 2013, HELLO 2014


Oh My Goodness. 2013 is practically over. (I’m writing this on Monday but it’ll be up on Tuesday night.) It just seems so surreal. 12 months. 365 days. 525,600 minutes. 31,557,600 seconds. If you’re reading this, it means that you’ve survived it. We have survived another year of heartaches, pains, loss, happiness, and basically everything in between. 
I don’t know about you guys, but 2013 hasn’t been the best for me. I mean yeah it could’ve been worse. It wasn’t horrible, but it definitely wasn’t what I was expecting. I felt like in a sense I let myself down. I didn’t meet up to the expectations that I had for myself. I wanted all of these different things to happen and some of them did, but for the most part it wasn’t the best year of my life. Because of that, I’ve come up with a few ways that I can make 2014 the best year of my life. 

1. LET GO OF ANY NEGATIVE ENERGY!
  If there is any that you feel is holding you back from being the person that you want to be, let it go. Whether it be people, music, surroundings, whatever it is, let it go. There is no point in letting yourself be brought down by things of less importance. 

2. ALLOW YOURSELF TO FULLY BE YOURSELF! 
This may seem self explanatory, but a lot of people seem to struggle with this. I know I did, at least for a little this year. At the time, when we’re pretending to be someone we’re not, it doesn’t appear like there is anything wrong with it because we are just so focused on getting other peoples’ approval. When we take a step back long enough to see the damage that our dishonesty has caused, we realize that it really wasn’t worth it. Maybe they would have liked us just being us, or if they wouldn’t have then they don’t deserve to be a part of our lives. That was something that I struggled with, and I just had to realize that if someone really wants to be my friend they will accept me and my true friends won’t mind that sometimes I’m a little loud, or that my laugh is sometimes obnoxious, and I may or may not be fluent in gibberish. That’s who I am. Accept me or not, that’s your problem.


3. BE CONFIDENT!
This year, I learned that everyone struggles with confidence. Not just weak, insecure middle school girls. High school boys, college girls, adults, even a 75 year old. We all have trouble with self-confidence. It comes with the territory of trying to find our place in this world. Yeah, it sucks not believing in yourself but the more that we tell ourselves that we are great and that we can accomplish many things, we will be able to. BUT, remember there is a fine line between confidence and conceit. So whether it’s about talking to that special someone you’ve been dying to talk to all year, trying out for a new sport, or just stepping out of your box and making new friends. Believe that you can accomplish great things and you WILL do great things. 

4. BE POSITIVE!
We all know those people that no matter what is going on, they always seem to find something bad about the day, or life. Even if we don’t want to be a Debbie Downer, that persons’ attitude rubs off on us. So the main way to be positive, SURROUND YOURSELF WITH POSITIVE PEOPLE! Easy peasy, lemon-squeasy? NOPE. We want to spare other peoples’ feelings so bad that we sometimes tend to put our own feelings on hold. Wrong! You have to be in a good place in your life to be able to accomplish what you want done in the new year, so if you aren’t in a happy place, you will not be able to reach your full potential. 

5. FORGIVE BUT NOT FORGET! 
All our lives, we’ve been told forgive and forget and for the longest time I actually believed that, but towards the end of this year, I realized that yes we need to be forgiving but we should not forget. If we chose to forget, then how are we supposed to learn from our mistakes?? So yes, forgive and don’t hold grudges, but remember what you learned from that experience. That way if anything similar happens in the future, you know how to deal with it. 

By no means am I trying to act like an expert, I just wanted to tell you guys how I plan on having a good year in 2014, and maybe it’ll help you guys have a great year as well.

So for us, let’s forget the pain and heartache of 2013, and embrace 2014 with open arms, a clear conscience, and a willing heart. 

For 2014, be the best year of our lives and treat us right! 

SO CHEERS, AND LET’S CELEBRATE!!

~And that’s the way the cookie crumbles~

No comments :