October 17, 2013

Are You Lonesome... Tonight?

 I’m as single as single could get. I’m not talking to anyone. My love life consists of watching romantic comedies, listening to stupid love songs, and envying those cute couples on Instagram. It’s not that I hate being single, it’s just that when I do see those couples’, I can’t help but wonder why don’t I have someone. Even if we aren’t dating someone to talk to, someone to send sweet texts to (and receive), and someone to be my Man Crush Monday (and their Woman Crush EVERYDAY! chessy I know).  It’s not that there’s any thing wrong with being single, it’s the loneliness that come with being single! If you’ve been single as long as I have, you start to get tired of the same old routine. Friday nights consisting of either hanging with some girl friends, or watching yet another stupid love movie! I mean c’mon. Eventually, it gets old. 
        I’m now at that point in life where, I am looking for something more than “Oh, you’re a great friend” and  “I wish more girls were like you”. REALLY!!! That’s probably one of the sweetest yet most friend-zoning lines EVER. Yeah, I’m flattered that you enjoy our friendship and all but OUCH. You might as well have said that I’m like your adorable little sister. And no one wants to date their little sister. (Unless your Jace from The Mortal Instruments.) How would you like it if the guy that your interested in just compared you to their little sister? My guess is not that much, understandably
Sooo, what do we do now? One thing that I have made myself swear not to do is chase after a guy. No! I believe that the guy should do the pursuing. I realized that it helps them feel more manly. (I mean whatever floats your boat though). And now we wait. Now don’t get mad. You’re probably thinking I wrote all of this just to tell you guys to do what you’ve already been doing. Yes. It’s just to remind you that everything happens when it should. That knight and shinning armor will come along, at the right time. So, just sit tight, relax, and enjoy your teen years. Hang out with friends. Meet new people. Try new foods. Have fun!  


This blog was geared more towards girls today, but in the next few days, I’ll do something for the guys. 


~And that’s the way the cookie crumbles!~

No comments :