August 31, 2016

The Smaller Things



I’m afraid of being a screw up. 
My greatest fear is disappointing my parents. 
Sometimes I think that if people knew the real me, 
They would run away so fast in the other direction. 
I second-guess almost every decision that I make. 
I think that in the overall scheme of life, 
My problems don’t matter. 
Someone somewhere has it 100 times worse than me. 
I want everyone to feel accepted. 
I want everyone to accept me. 
I want to travel, but I’m afraid of what I’ll find. 
I crave to be in the real world, but I’m afraid that I wouldn't last a day. 
I want to be in love, but I’m afraid of getting my heart broken.   
I want to make a difference, but I’m afraid that my voice won’t get heard. 
I want to help people, but I’m afraid that I’m not qualified. 
But most importantly I’m afraid that if l disappeared

No one would even notice that I was gone. 

~   And that’s the way the cookie crumbles! ~

No comments :