August 02, 2015

The Switch

It's like someone's flipped a switch and you're a completely different person. One minute you're all fine and dandy and then someone says something that you don't agree with or something happens that you didn't plan and that's it. The person that I thought I knew was gone. Leaving me with this skeleton covered in flesh that I don't know nor do I care to know. But no one ever says anything. It's the elephant in the room that everyone overlooks. Maybe because they're afraid. Afraid of what or who they don't know. 

But I don't want to be afraid. I don't want to walk around on egg shells because I'm afraid of the   "other you".  That's not how I want to live. I don't want to live in fear, afraid of when you're gonna have you're next breakdown. 

So let's awaken the sleeping giant. Let's poke the bear. Let's finally  put a name to that unknown face and deal with it. Let's flip the switch (on purpose) and not be afraid of what's hiding in the dark. 

~And that's the way the cookie crumbles!~

No comments :